[visionegg] Re: drawing

  • From: John Christie <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 16:12:49 -0400

On May 17, 2007, at 4:00 PM, adam naples wrote:

Hi , I'm not totally sure what you want to do.
something like create Navon type stimuli on-the-fly for each trial?

yes... but not letters, arbitrary shapes.

or do you need to generate a bunch of stimuli for later use?

that would suffice but not be ideal

either way, you might want to look into pyopengl for the former.

OK, so drawing in openGL... that sounds like a bit of an unhappy proposition. I would have thought there was a Python library that further simplified things.

or pyx pyx.sourceforge.net for the latter.

I would check out pyx first, the drawing code is a little easier to get the hang of, and you get the benefit of generating EPS files of all your stimuli that will look nice in print.

OK, I'll defiinitely check it out. Wouldn't one be able to generate the EPS and keep it in memory and then present it?

hope this helps.
-a

me too. :)