[visionegg] Re: drawing

  • From: adam naples <adam.naples@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:00:44 -0700

Hi , I'm not totally sure what you want to do.
something like create Navon type stimuli on-the-fly for each trial?
or do you need to generate a bunch of stimuli for later use?

either way, you might want to look into pyopengl for the former.
or pyx pyx.sourceforge.net for the latter.

I would check out pyx first, the drawing code is a little easier to get the hang of, and you get the benefit of generating EPS files of all your stimuli that will look nice in print.

hope this helps.
-a

and for those of you who are saying "what's a Navon?"

http://step.psy.cmu.edu/scripts/Attention/Navon1977.html

On May 17, 2007, at 12:16 PM, John Christie wrote:

Hi,
I need to construct some global / local stimuli and I'd like to do it dynamically. Any pointers to documentation on drawing in Python (I'm assuming PIL? but docs are limited there) or tips on placing shapes on a curve?