[visionegg] Re: daqLPT script

  • From: Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:05:15 +0200

Hi Damian,

This should work fine. The nice thing about "legacy hardware" (parallel and serial ports) is that they don't have the same kind of buffering, and therefore latency, that USB does. Try this little script. I'll add this as a demo to the next release.

========= simple_lpt_out.py ====================

from VisionEgg.DaqLPT import raw_lpt_module
import time

LPT1 = 0x378 # address of parallel port -- make sure your computer agrees

# turn all pins on
data = 0xFF # values to output on parallel port
raw_lpt_module.out(LPT1,data)

time.sleep(1.0) # wait 1 second

# turn all pins off
data = 0x00
raw_lpt_module.out(LPT1,data)

On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 10:36 AM, Damian McCrossan wrote:

Dear Andrew,

I would like to send codes from the vision-egg pc to a CED1401 via the
parallel port, giving information regarding the stimulus parameters. How far
is the LPT script developed for this?

Thanks in advance
Damian