[visionegg] controlling 4 monitors

  • From: Markus Bongard <markus.bongard@xxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:27:45 +0100

gentle persons,

does anyone of the persons participating in this list ever tried to control more then 2 monitors together at a time ? we are trying to set up a stimulation environment with 4 monitors which should offer a continuos stimulation space, but we are running into a bunch of problems (either windows xp or macosx 10.5.x). Does anyone have achieved full screen stimulation over 3 or more monitors using visionegg? Most likely we do something profoundly incorrect, but so far we are only able to get a window spanning the 4 monitors and display our stimulus there - but this solution has some performance issue. (full screen isn't possible presumably due to insufficient graphic memory *?* Pygame complains that it can encounter a suitable video mode for whatever screen resolutions we tried) What we are trying is to present several horizontally drifting bars (no grating) - any ideas, comments, hints, examples how to achieve something like that? Thank you so much for your attention,

cheers,

Markus

Markus Bongard
Unidad de Neuroprótesis y