[visionegg] Re: VisionEgg and Python 2.4 - quick and dirty?

  • From: Martin Spacek <mspacek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:01:59 -0800

Anyhow, I haven't followed your example too closely (and I wonder if
you could keep track of your order using some cleverly constucted
dicts), but it really doesn't matter - a win32 binary for Python 2.4
would be useful.  I'll try and get around to making one this week.

Alright! Thanks, that would be fantastic.

If you want to do it yourself, MS released a free version of their
optimizing compiler (feeling the heat of gcc, were they?) last year, so
if you can get that to work, you should be able to compile the
max_priority extension module yourself.

Thanks for that too. Interesting, I browsed the VS.net website looking for some kind of demo or compiler-only package and found nothing. It took a search on google for "visual c++ optimizing compiler" to bring up the MS site for it. The link, for anyone interested, is:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

Hmm, this must be something to do with SDL/pygame. My recollection is that there are SDL environment variables that control the starting position of the window. A quick google turns these up: SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS=x,y and SDL_VIDEO_CENTERED=1 However, according to http://www.libsdl.org/faq.php?action=listentries&category=9 , "Keep in mind that these environment variables are not officially supported, and may change or go away at any time." Also, there were a few emails about this specifically in relation to the Vision Egg a while back: //www.freelists.org/archives/visionegg/08-2003/msg00000.html

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

Martin