[visionegg] Re: Using VisionEgg with LabPython

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:31:53 -0700

Chintan Trivedi wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am trying to use VisionEgg with LabPython (i.e. Python in LabVIEW).
> When I try to import Visionegg in Labpython I get the following error:
>
> <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>, 'module' object has no attribute
> 'argv'
>
> I do understand that this has something to do with the way sys.argv is
> defined in the source code of Vision Egg.
> Also Labpython can easily import other packages such as numpy or
> PyGame, hence LabPython works perfectly fine.
> VisionEgg is the only package it cannot import.
>
> Andrew, probably you would know how to get around this situation
> better, since you wrote the source code.
>
> Any help would be wonderful!!
>
> Thanks,
> Chintan Trivedi
> Max Planck Institute for Medical Research
> Heidelberg, Germany
Hi Chintan,

I made a couple changes that I think will fix the issue. Although it's a
bit strange to me that the 'argv' attribute isn't part of the sys module
-- it makes me wonder if there will be other troubles, too.

Anyhow, the changes I made are here:
http://github.com/visionegg/visionegg/commit/b5919389b3a3c9a3f1472fd132c146d69ecc3dc4
this will be in the next release of the VE. In the meantime, can you
simply modify those files in place?

-Andrew

--
Andrew D. Straw, Ph.D.