[visionegg] Two monitors (1600x600), eliminating toolbar on left screen attop of display

  • From: Mark Tovey <getmark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:42:26 -0400

Hi Andrew,

Have you had any additional ideas on how it might be possible to get rid of
the toolbar on the left-hand screen (on a Mac) using a two-monitor setup?

What I'm doing is driving an eye-tracker.  The eye-tracker takes a separate
SVGA input (and hence, on the Mac, a separate video card) for each eye --
one for the left, and one for the right.  So in this case the stimulus that
displays on the "left" screen goes to the left eye, and the stimulus that
displays to the "right" screen goes to the right eye.  This should allow me
to blank the left eye when I'm displaying things to the right eye, and
vice-versa.

I've set things up with two monitors (one for the left eye and one for the
right) using a 1600x600 screen, with two 800x600 viewports.

It's anchored, as you suggested, in the bottom left hand corner, using:

import os
os.environ['SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS']="0,0"

>> This will cause the lower left corner of your window to be at the lower
>> left corner of the main screen.

Any thoughts you might have would be terrific.

Thanks!

Mark