[visionegg] Re: Tkinter & fullscreen mode

  • From: "Simeon Fitch" <simeon.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:46:26 -0500

I hope I'm wrong, but I think your only hope is to  make a full screen size
window... I've been using wxWindows instead of Tkinter, but the same problem
stands: pygame/SDL doesn't play nicely with the windowing systems.

As an aside, I'd like to see visionegg provide the option to use the
wxWindows OpenGL canvas instead of the SDL one, but I haven't yet looked
into how much of a hack that is or how hard it would be to make the two
graphics providers interchangeable.

Let us know if you find a solution!

Best,

Simeon

On 3/21/06, Eamon Caddigan <ecaddiga@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What's the best way to allow interaction with a Tkinter window while
> running an experiment in fullscreen mode? Since pygame doesn't allow
> the fullscreen status to be toggled on non-X11 platforms, I'm worried
> that it's not possible. Has anybody figured out a clever workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> Eamon

Simeon H.K. Fitch, Owner
Mustard Seed Software