[visionegg] Re: Texture artifacts

  • From: "Kevin J. MacKenzie" <kjmacken@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:03:34 -0400

To add my 2 cents,

You can do conversions of this nature in code using the pygame image.convert and/or image.convert_alpha classes

Kevin

Tony Arkles wrote:

Gabriel Nevarez wrote:

Hello all,
This is very likely a simple fix:

When loading textures and superimposing them atop other stimuli, I often get
visual artifacts around the edges of the texture, likely due to OpenGL
texture manipulations. I have included a jpeg image of a screen capture
with one such texture artifact (in this case, the top and right edges are
shown as grey bars, where the texture meets the background).

I had a problem with this too. I was using transparency in .png files but not loading the texture data as gl.GL_RGBA. As soon as I changed the texture format it all went away.

Tony