[visionegg] Re: Questions re: experiment with sequenced stimuli and multiple trials

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:21:15 -0800

Doug Morse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andrew: Thanks so much for the detailed and helpful response!  I will follow
> your recommendations re: using a single stimulus class and custom flow
> control.
>
> You're in luck!  Part of this present project does indeed involve implementing
> a task to determine a spatial frequency threshold for each participant using
> the QUEST procedure.  So, I'm happy to send that source code along for review
> and possible inclusion in the VE demos.  Just FYI, while I hope to get that
> code written within a week or two, it might be up to a month or so before I
> can get this particular task coded.

Great! Although I'm not so familiar with the QUEST algorithm, I will
certainly give this a good look, as it's been something I've long wanted
to implement.
> On a related note: I'm wondering if there's any interest in creating a
> "VisionEgg Cookbook" (or somesuch) section of the VE website?  The idea
> basically being a section of the website where people can post VE/python
> source code for stimuli, demos, and/or full experiments that they would like
> to share with the VE community.  Allowing for screenshots to be uploaded as
> well would probably be helpful.  Seems to me that this would be a great way to
> facilitate VE'ers helping each other out and help new VE'ers get up and
> running more quickly.  Thoughts?  Comments?  Criticisms?

Please, you (and any non-spammer) is welcome to update the website as
you see fit. That was the entire point of making it a wiki. It should be
pretty easy edit things, including adding include images and source
code, but please let me know if you run into any troubles. If it would
be good to add a new item in the menu on the left side of the screen,
let me know.