[visionegg] Re: Questions re: experiment with sequenced stimuli and multiple trials

  • From: Doug Morse <morse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 14:43:31 -0600

Hi,

Andrew: Thanks so much for the detailed and helpful response!  I will follow
your recommendations re: using a single stimulus class and custom flow
control.

You're in luck!  Part of this present project does indeed involve implementing
a task to determine a spatial frequency threshold for each participant using
the QUEST procedure.  So, I'm happy to send that source code along for review
and possible inclusion in the VE demos.  Just FYI, while I hope to get that
code written within a week or two, it might be up to a month or so before I
can get this particular task coded.

On a related note: I'm wondering if there's any interest in creating a
"VisionEgg Cookbook" (or somesuch) section of the VE website?  The idea
basically being a section of the website where people can post VE/python
source code for stimuli, demos, and/or full experiments that they would like
to share with the VE community.  Allowing for screenshots to be uploaded as
well would probably be helpful.  Seems to me that this would be a great way to
facilitate VE'ers helping each other out and help new VE'ers get up and
running more quickly.  Thoughts?  Comments?  Criticisms?

More soon...

Cheers,
Doug