[visionegg] Python and VisionEgg on OS X Tiger

  • From: Kevin MacKenzie <kjmacken@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:50:39 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I've done some work to get things running after an Upgrade to Tiger seemed to break access to the site-packages directory in the included python 2.3.5 with Tiger.

The issue is a simple one to fix, and there is a downloadable workaround. The long winded explanation to what has broken is available here: http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/2005/05/01/python-on-mac-os-x-104-tiger/

Simply put, the symlink to /Library/Python/2.3/site-packages no longer worked with OS X Tiger. A downloadable fix (which I've attached) inserts a new .pth file in the site-packages directory that will point to the old site-packages directory.

The attached file is called TigerPython23Compat.pkg.zip and can be found with a quick google search.

Cheers,

Kevin