[visionegg] Re: Proposed change to logging interface

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:00:07 -0700

Thanks Tony, I implemented your suggestion, and it's now in CVS.

Another thing... Would it make life easier for the maintainers (I'm assuming that's just Andrew Straw) if I were to actually get CVS going and submit diffs instead of these little blurbs? I have to get it going at some point this summer anyways.

If you're setting up something from scratch, I'd go with subversion instead of CVS. (SourceForge still uses CVS, which is why the Vision Egg still does. They may allow projects to use svn in the future.) If you send relatively small changes, something like what you just did is fine. If they're larger and more intricate, the easiest thing for us for us both is to send the entire modified file(s). Then I can do merging as necessary (the gtk meld program is very nice).

Cheers!
Andrew

--
Andrew D. Straw  Post-doctoral scholar