[visionegg] Re: (No Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:11:40 -0500

  • From: "Smith, Mason" <masonrs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mark Halko" <mhalko@xxxxxx>

Hi Mark,

Your version of test3.py didn't work for me.  I also tried updating to
the bleeding edge, and it didn't help.  Like you, I found that
everything works fine on a Mac.  The suggestion to alter the parameters
of Text objects might work but would be clumsy to implement since my
experiment uses many screens of text with different numbers of lines of
text, which may not even be known until runtime.  Another thing I tried
was to use a single Viewport and alter the stimuli parameter, but that
didn't work.

Here's something that did work on my PC, though I'd prefer not to have
to do this hack if there's a better way.  For some reason, if you draw
the Viewport, call glReadPixels (or screen.get_framebuffer_as_image,
which calls glReadPixels), and then draw the viewport a second time, it
works.  The attached file contains code that does this for the last
screen.  If this leads anyone to figure out a better solution, I'd be
grateful to hear about it.

--Mason