[visionegg] Re: Installation problems

  • From: Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:17:33 +0930

Hi Dario,

I have followed the instructions to install all the different components of the software and apparently it has been successfully installed. When I run multi_stim, however, only a black screen appears for a few seconds and I don’t see anything.

Do you see the GUI startup options window when you first run the demo(s)? After clicking "OK", the multi_stim demo should display "loading...". Do you see that?

On the single XP computer I've used the VE on, it always takes several seconds for the Vision Egg to get access to a window which is created and just stays black before continuing on. I haven't had time to investigate why, and I don't know if it's XP or the video drivers. In your case, it could be hanging like this and then failing.

The best bet is to see if anything is written in the log file. (It's called VisionEgg.log and probably in C:\Documents and Settings\dariop.DARIOXP\VisionEgg, judging by the VISIONEGG_USER_DIR variable in your check config output -- it should also be listed in the GUI startup window, if that appears). If you could send the final lines of that, which are hopefully a Python traceback, that would give a better indication of what the problem may be.

Cheers!
Andrew