[visionegg] Installation problems

  • From: "Dario Protti" <dariop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:37:47 +1000

Hi there,

I am a visual neuroscientist and I would like to try out Vision Egg to
produce visual stimuli.

I have followed the instructions to install all the different components of
the software and apparently it has been successfully installed. When I run
multi_stim, however, only a black screen appears for a few seconds and I
don't see anything. I am running it in a PC (2.4 Ghz) using Windows XP, a
Diamond View Monitor (1280x1024 pixels) and Intel(R) 82845G Graphics
Controller. Do you have any suggestions about how to overcome this problem?

When I run the check config file, I obtain the following results:

check-config.py for Vision Egg 0.9.5a2.

[2003/09/19 03:54:27 CVS revision 1.19]

Beginning configuration check.

VisionEgg version 0.9.9

VisionEgg modules in C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\lib\site-packages\VisionEgg

VisionEgg system directory C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\VisionEgg

VisionEgg user directory C:\Documents and Settings\dariop.DARIOXP\VisionEgg

Config file found at C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\VisionEgg\VisionEgg.cfg

SYNCLYNC_PRESENT = 0

VISIONEGG_ALWAYS_START_LOGGING = 0

VISIONEGG_CONFIG_FILE = C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\VisionEgg\VisionEgg.cfg

VISIONEGG_FRAMELESS_WINDOW = 0

VISIONEGG_FULLSCREEN = 0

VISIONEGG_GAMMA_FILE =

VISIONEGG_GAMMA_INVERT_BLUE = 2.1

VISIONEGG_GAMMA_INVERT_GREEN = 2.1

VISIONEGG_GAMMA_INVERT_RED = 2.1

VISIONEGG_GAMMA_SOURCE = none

VISIONEGG_GUI_INIT = 1

VISIONEGG_GUI_ON_ERROR = 1

VISIONEGG_HIDE_MOUSE = 1

VISIONEGG_LOG_FILE = VisionEgg.log

VISIONEGG_LOG_TO_STDERR = 1

VISIONEGG_MAXPRIORITY = 0

VISIONEGG_MONITOR_REFRESH_HZ = 60.0

VISIONEGG_PREFERRED_BPP = 32

VISIONEGG_REQUEST_ALPHA_BITS = 0

VISIONEGG_REQUEST_BLUE_BITS = 8

VISIONEGG_REQUEST_GREEN_BITS = 8

VISIONEGG_REQUEST_RED_BITS = 8

VISIONEGG_SCREEN_H = 480

VISIONEGG_SCREEN_W = 640

VISIONEGG_SYNC_SWAP = 1

VISIONEGG_SYSTEM_DIR = C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\VisionEgg

VISIONEGG_TKINTER_OK = 1

VISIONEGG_USER_DIR = C:\Documents and Settings\dariop.DARIOXP\VisionEgg

            WARNING: You have the old Vision Egg demos in

            C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\VisionEgg\demo

            Although the old demos will not cause problems for Vision

            Egg scripts, they may lead to confusion.  Therefore, you

            should remove this directory and its contents.

            The new demos (and documentation) are no longer installed,

            but available with the source code or as a separate

            package.

Version checklist:

Python version 2.2.2 (OK)

extra Python info: (#37, Oct 14 2002, 17:02:34) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]

Numeric version 21.0 (OK)

PyOpenGL (package "OpenGL") version 2.0.0.44 (OK)

pygame version 1.5.3 (OK)

Python Imaging Library (package "Image") version 1.1.4 (OK)

Optional module(s):

Pyro failed

winioport failed

thank you very much,