[visionegg] Re: How to cleanly clear and reset the session?

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 09:04:04 -0800

Alex Bennee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing some work on an experiment for a friend of mine. It's my
> first time using VisionEgg and I'm having problems with correctly
> clearing down the session. If my experiment bails out the Vision Egg
> window stays displayed. It's then random if the next time I run the
> experiment if it will fail to start (example: "error: Text has zero
> width") or crash python completely.
>
> I'm running this on WinXP which is a little outside of my natural
> environment so I'm not sure if this is a Windows thing or a VE thing.

Hi Alex,

I don't think I've experienced this before, but I'm not entirely clear
what's happening. If you run your script from the command line, does the
first script quit entirely (you get a prompt back) before running the
second? Did the first script close properly, or did an exception happen?
If an exception, can you cut and paste that exception?

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew D. Straw