[visionegg] Re: Hardware for Vision Egg

  • From: "Damian McCrossan" <d.mccrossan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:20:24 +0100

Lars,

We are recording with success from mouse V1 using the VisionEgg software.
When using windows there is always the dilemma of timing. We trigger data
collection using a photodiode on the screen to avoid the delay with data
transmission to the videocard (40-90msecs). We also programmed a TTL through
the parallel port but this appeared also around 100msec before the actual
arrival of the stimuli on the screen.  The stimuli are projected to the
screen using a DLP beamer to maintain that RGB signals all converge at the
same time. People use DLP beamers to present stimuli to in vitro retinal
preparations, also with success. The graphics card that we use is a standard
GeFORCE4 card.

Good luck
Damian