[visionegg] General question about Visionegg

  • From: "R.E. Crist" <crist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:04:30 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi. I have been writing stimulus display routines using Python, Pyopengl
and Pygame. Though I have been aware of the Visionegg project for
sometime, it has never seemed clear to me what it provides in addition to
these other packages. From what I can gather, it is generally necessary to
write what is termed a custom control loop in the Visionegg Programmer's
Manual. If this is the case, it seems that, if you are not using
stimuli which provided by the package, you wouldn't really be using
anything provided by the Visionegg package at all.

I assume that I am missing something and I certainly don't intend to
denigrate the efforts of the author. The package looks very interesting to
me (and much more sophisticated than my own code), which is why I
periodically return to the website and try to figure out if there is
something I can use.

Thanks in advance for any pointers anyone can offer.

Best regards,
Roy

R.E. Crist, Ph.D.
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience