[visionegg] Re: [Fwd: visionegg: gorlins@xxxxxxx post needs approval]

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:49:48 -0700

Hi Scott,

I'm writing on a slow dialup connection and for some reason I can't see your
email as I respond... So I'll try to answer your questions as best I remember
them and can be more exact in a couple days when I get back to Pasadena and
high-speed internet.

As far as beam position -- there is a rough equivalent available for Windows
(XP, at least) called something like "ve_retrace" in the source code. If I
remember correctly, its use requires installation of some system-level .DLL. I
have not tested its use in any thorough way. And, as of now, there are no demo
programs that I remember to demonstrate its use. But it should work. Famous
last words, I know.

As far as pyglet and multi-screen -- I'm trying to release 1.1 first, but I've
been plagued by hardware problems on my Windows computer (random lockups). I
think I've finally fixed them, so then (any day now) I can get back to work on
investigating pyglet in the VE context.

Anyhow, I'll be a better correspondent in a few days...

-Andrew