[visionegg] Re: EyeLink II

  • From: Sol Simpson <sol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:31:06 -0400

Hi Gary,

You can change how EyeLink interprets screen pixel coordinates by issuing
the following command:

;; Sets the gaze-position coordinate system, which is used for all
;; calibration target locations and drawing commands.  Usually set
;; to correspond to the pixel mapping of the subject display.
;; Issue the calibration_type command after changing this to recompute
;; fixation target positions.
;; You should also write a DISPLAY_COORDS message to the start of
;; the EDF file to record the display resolution.
;; <left>: X coordinate of left of display area
;; <top>: Y coordinate of top of display area
;; <right>: X coordinate of right of display area
;; <bottom>: Y coordinate of bottom of display area
        ;; default:  screen_pixel_coords = 0.0, 0.0, 1024.0, 768.0

so in your case you might want something like:

screen_pixel_coords = 0, 1024, 768, 0

You could also do it on the visionegg side but I forget how to do that,

Thank you,

Sol

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Gary Lupyan <glupyan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jiri, quick question: I got my script to work, but I've noticed
> that the targets used by calibration and validation routines use
> top-left as 0,0 but the display drivers use bottom-left as 0,0: as a
> result a calibration target in the top-right is shown at bottom-right
> and vice-versa.  Do you know how to change these settings through the
> link?  I couldn't find anything in the pylink help file.
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Jiri Lukavsky
> <lukavsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Gary,
> > I put a simple demo experiment (eye tracking while reading sentences) on
> web:
> > http://www.jirilukavsky.info/code/wordeye
> > Maybe you can will find it useful.
> > Good luck,
> >
> > Jiri
> >
> > ---
> > Jiri Lukavsky
> > Institute of Psychology, Academy of Sciences
> > Prague, Czech Republic
> > www.jirilukavsky.info
> >

> --
>
> --

> Gary Lupyan - lupyan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> IGERT Postdoctoral Fellow
> University of Pennsylvania
> http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~lupyan

Sol Simpson
Director of Operations and Product Management
SR Research Ltd
+1-613-826-2958 ext 222
fax: 613-482-4866