[visionegg] Re: Dropped frame detection reliability, frame histogram accuracy

  • From: Timothy Vickery <tim.vickery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:18:23 -0400

> I hope you're not confused by the initial GUI screen asking for frame
> rate -- this does not set it, it only tells Vision Egg what to expect!
> (This is because there is no easy cross-platform way to set frame rate.
> It may be possible on a platform-by-platform basis, but I haven't yet
> felt like inflicting that pain on myself.) So, it sounds to me like
> you're actually doing 60 Hz.  What does your monitor tell you?  The
> average framerate computed by the Vision Egg?

Well, this is strange. I did think it was odd that the
targetBackground.py demo would be too much for my card to handle. I do
have the video card set at the right frequency - 75Hz - and when I run
programs windowed I get the time values clustered at 13ms, as you
would expect. However, for some reason when I run any of the demos
full screen, I get what appears to be a 60Hz refresh rate...
To be absolutely clear, I have resolution set to 1024x768, 75Hz, and
when I run any of the demos at this resolution, but leave the
Fullscreen box unchecked, I get 75fps. Checking the box invariably
gives me 60Hz. I never noticed this before. Any ideas?