[visionegg] Dots and randomizing presentations

  • From: "Angelique Paulk" <acpaulk13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:11:45 +1000

Hello, all,

I have what is probably a silly question with regard to the 'dots.py'
program.  We are presenting the dots program on the screen with the
dots all moving in one direction set at a specific dot lifespan (a
variable in the dots.py program named dot_lifespan_sec, such as 750
ms).  The difficulty right now is that we would like to have all the
dots set at one lifespan, but with the timing of the appearance of
each dot randomized, so that when the dots appear and disappear, they
are not appearing and disappearing in synchrony (as they do now) but
are randomized relative to each other.  Is there some way to modify
this in the program?  The randomly moving dots already do this, but
when the dots are moving coherently, they all disappear in synchrony.
Would we need to modify the Dots.py program?

Thank you for any and all help!
Angelique Paulk