[visionegg] Re: Dot issues

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:34:42 -0700

Angelique Paulk wrote:
> Hello, all,
> I am still unfortunately struggling with the Dots.py program to get it
> to do what I want.  I would like to control the position of the dots
> in a way that they coalesce into bands across the screen, moving in
> the same direction.  I have written something from scratch to do this,
> but I was just wondering how to modify the Dots.py program to control
> the dot movements within the Dots.py program.  However, each time I
> modify the Dots.py program in the VisionEgg folder, nothing happens
> when I then run the demo 'dots.py'.  Is there something else I would
> need to do to get the changes I make to be implemented?

Hi Angelique,

It sounds like the version of the Vision Egg you are running is not the
version you are modifying. In your 'dots.py' demo file, do this::

  print VisionEgg.__file__

which should print (to the console) the location that the Vision Egg
module is loaded from. It is in that directory that the Dots.py file is
being loaded from. For more details about how python loads modules, see
this:
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/modules.html#the-module-search-path and
this: http://docs.python.org/install/index.html

-Andrew