[visionegg] Display and keyboard with pylink

  • From: Eamon Caddigan <ecaddiga@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:40:53 -0600

Hi all,

I'm working on my first experiment using the pylink module. It's important that I perform drift correction between each trial, and I don't know how to relinquish control of the display and keyboard to the EyeLink routines.

The example code distributed with pylink does all eyetracker initializations before the first call to get_default_screen(). After this point, vision egg/pygame take over, and subsequent calls to doDriftCorrect() fail to draw a fixation spot and poll the keyboard.

Is it possible to do this without opening and closing a new screen for each trial?

Thanks,
Eamon Caddigan