[visionegg] Re: DLP projectors and increased frame rate

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:19:44 -0700

On Aug 31, 2005, at 5:00 PM, Luke Sjulson wrote:

I also looked into the DLP developer's kit.  They were very expensive,
and they are controlled with a special controller card that I would
guess is harder to program for than an OpenGL graphics card.  However,
I think one could get really high frames rates with one.

Dear Luke,

Thanks reporting back this information. I find it useful, and I'm sure others do, too.

I think you're right about the developer's kit using a special controller card, but I guess one could render frames using OpenGL and display those pixels using the special controller card using something like the Vision Egg's get_framebuffer_as_array() method. Thus, it hopefully wouldn't be too difficult to use the developer's kit.

Cheers!
Andrew