[visionegg] Camera motions now in modelview matrix

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:24:35 -0700

I have fixed the Vision Egg such that now camera motions should be
performed using the modelview matrix. Previously, they were done using
the GL_PROJECTION matrix, which caused some issues. See the thread on
this mailing list "GL state responsibility (warning: may contain
theory)" for more information regarding why this was a necessary change.
Thanks to Tony Arkles for discovering this issue and making pointers to
a persuasive webpage.

Most code should be unaffected by this. I did have to make a few minor
changes to the demos multi_stim.py, convert3d_to_2d.py, and
movingPOV.py, but those changes were fairly minor. (As an example, see
the diff for movingPOV.py:
http://visionegg.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/visionegg/demo/movingPOV.py?r1=1223&r2=1338&p1=trunk/visionegg/demo/movingPOV.py&p2=trunk/visionegg/demo/movingPOV.py&sortby=rev
)

Please let me know of any success or, particularly, failure, with these
changes.

I've recently been doing some temporal calibrations of the Vision Egg,
so the fabled 1.0 release may finally be coming soon!

Cheers!
Andrew