[visionegg] Article on the Vision Egg

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:25:38 -0700

Hi all,

As you may know from earlier emails, I recently wrote an article about
the Vision Egg. It has now been accepted for publication. The citation is:

Straw, Andrew D. (2008) Vision Egg: An Open-Source Library for Realtime
Visual Stimulus Generation. Frontiers in Neuroinformatics. doi:
10.3389/neuro.11.004.2008
http://frontiersin.org/neuroinformatics/paper/10.3389/neuro.11/004.2008/

This article covers everything from descriptions of some of the
high-level Vision Egg features, to low-level nuts-and-bolts descriptions
of OpenGL and graphics hardware relevant for vision scientists. I also
performed an experiment measuring complete latency (from USB mouse
movement to on-screen display). In the best configuration (a 140Hz CRT
with vsync off), this latency averaged about 12 milliseconds.

If you use the Vision Egg in your research, I'd appreciate citations to
this article.

Thanks,
Andrew

--