[vipaudioaccess] Re: Update to my focus issue

  • From: "Steve Spamer" <stevespamer68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 17:38:26 -0000

Neville, without looking at this, freezing a track will bounce out the midi data as audio, but leave the instrument how it is I think. It doesn't unload the instrument, but frees up resources, because that instrument isn't playing any data anymore. In your situation, just freeze the track and then remove the instrument and save with another project name if you are concerned that having it loaded is taking up resources. I need to take a better look at how this works. Best steve.

-----Original Message----- From: Neville Peter
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2020 1:58 AM
To: vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vipaudioaccess] Re: Update to my focus issue

My KK samples are on a 2 TB internal rotary drive. Can someone tell me why aren’t the instruments unloaded when the tracks are frozen? I froze all of my tracks and tried to add another instance of KK and samplitude crashed. I restarted my computer and tried to load the project again and got a gray screen and had to restart my computer.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2020, at 2:31 PM, Steve Spamer <stevespamer68@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Where are your KK samples? On a SSD?, a HDD? Best steve.

-----Original Message----- From: Neville Peter
Sent: Friday, March 6, 2020 10:00 PM
To: VIP Audio Access
Subject: [vipaudioaccess] Update to my focus issue

Hello all, it seems like I may have a solution but not one that I like.. It appears that I have not been waiting long enough. It appears that I have not been waiting long enough for the project. It appears that I have not been waiting long enough for the project to load. It appears that I have not been waiting long enough for the project to load.. It appears that I have not been waiting long enough for the project to load. When. It appears that I have not been waiting long enough for the project to load. When I move my arrow keys before the project is completely loaded it causes the project to load in the object window.. The interesting. The interesting thing. The interesting thing is that. The interesting thing is that when. The interesting thing is that when I get to the VIP window. The interesting thing is that when I get to the VIP window nothing I do changes anything. However, if I wait about five minutes, the project seems to load normally. Some thing is snowing down my system significantly and I need to figure out what it is.

Sent from my iPhone--
- To post to the mailing list, simply send email to vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

- To subscribe to the list, send an email to
vipaudioaccess-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

- To unsubscribe from the list, send an email to
vipaudioaccess-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

- For more list options, like setting digest and vacation modes, visit
//www.freelists.org/list/vipaudioaccess

- Online, searchable archives of the list are available at //www.freelists.org/archive/vipaudioaccess