[vip_students] Re: talks question

  • From: "tony sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:38:08 +0100

Hi Jackie,

As I understand it, Vodafone provide Talks free of charge so consequently they
pay!

Now they are only prepared to offer this on a couple of older phones.

I know it's a bit of a pain as you can't have it free from them on say newer
phones but that's how it is I'm afraid.

Regards,

Tony Sweeney
  From: "John O'Regan" <john.a.oregan@xxxxxxxxx>
  Date: 22/09/2010 10:41 pm

  Dear Eleanor,

    The one thing stopping Jackie from buying her own phone would be the
  price.  If you want to purchase a handset without an airtime contract,
  the cost can be prohibitively expensive.  And then she'd have to buy
  and install the TALKS software herself.  A daunting prospect for many
  non-techies,

  John