[vip_students] Re: talks question

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:09:14 +0100

Absolutely Pauline. A friend of mine purchased a phone, I cannot remember the model now but she got it in Vodafone in Henry Street and they put Talks on it for her. I think it cost about one hundred and eighty euros. It was not an e52. Personally I think at times Talks clogs up these phones as sighted people do not seem to encounter the same problems as we do.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pauline Lawler" <paulinelawler14@xxxxxxxxxx>
   From: "John O'Regan" <john.a.oregan@xxxxxxxxx>
   Date: 22/09/2010 10:41 pm

   Dear Eleanor,

The one thing stopping Jackie from buying her own phone would be the price. If you want to purchase a handset without an airtime contract,
   the cost can be prohibitively expensive.  And then she'd have to buy
   and install the TALKS software herself.  A daunting prospect for many
   non-techies,

   John