[vip_students] Re: shoe box tape recorder

  • From: "tony sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 16:29:13 -0000

Hi Susan,

You are very fortunate to have been able to purchase a cassette recorder at all
these days.

I understand that a number of lines have been now discontinued!

It will only be a matter of time (and not too long I reckon) that
tape-recorders will be definitely a thing of the past; unless The Antiques
Roadshow possibly! (smile)!

I suggest that folk like myself who have important and much-loved cassettes
should check out their recorders and replace them to play the cassettes if
necessary.

There are ways to transfer cassette content to digital but I haven't gone down
that road as yet anyway; Audacity I think is the name of the programme.

I have a Merantz which I have been made offers for but no thanks I will hang on
to it; served/serves me well!

Don't know The Shoebox at all but it sounds quite handy to use.

I know that there is a Sony store too here in Dublin's O'connell Street close
to Eden Quay.

Best,