[vip_students] Re: screen reader terminology

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:07:23 +0100

Edel,

Single left-click is equivalent to Select.  Double left-click is equivalent
to pressing enter.  Single right-click is equivalent to shift_F10 which is
the Context menu.  These are approximations.  Then there is 'click and drag.
I suppose that may mean, in dialogues, tabbing to and then pressing enter on
ok, cancel button, whichever.  A lot depends on where and how the mouse is
pointing, and that's not always easy to figure out using a screen-reader.
Fortunately, most programs support keyboard functionalities at least part
way.  Whether a mouse movement works or not depends on where the mouse
pointer  - in the shape of an I-beam, I think? is focused at the time.
(Makes more sense visually ... and I can't go there!) - Except I was shown
how the mouse moves along a 'track', as it were.