[vip_students] Re: mobile corner

  • From: "Noreen Meagher" <noreenmeagher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:23:54 +0100

Hi Joe,
After many failures trying to get Eircom on Iphone Paul came to the rescue
as usual so below are his instructions.  I use Vodafone on Iphone but was
told it is more difficult to get Eircom to work on phone.
Paul's instructions.
"I got Eircom to work on my Iphone. Below I have given you all the details
of my settings and what to do after making the changes.

(Create the eircom account)

1. Go into settings then scroll down to "Mail" and double tap.
2. Choose "Other" from the resulting list.
3. Choose "Add new mail account".
4. Type in all the usual details of user name, email address and ensure that
"POP" is selected as it usually is anyway.

Now double tap on save and it may throw a wobbler that your user name or
password is incorrect, if so then change the user name to just "first part
of your email address" only and remove the @eircom.net part.Now click on
done and it will ask you if you want to save it even though it might also
say that you might not be able to receive mail with this account. Just go
ahead and save it anyway.

(The advanced settings)
2. Scroll down to "Advanced" and in here change the "In-Coming port number
too 110"
Important: Also make sure for InComing "SSL" is set to off.
3. Go to "Out-Going server" which is a button and will be marked as
mail1.eircom.net". In here makesure that all "Mail1.eircom.net" servers are
set to on.

When all of the above has been completed test out the system by double
tapping on the "Done button" and it will say something like "Verifying". It
will probably come back with an error message that the server
"Webmail.eircom.net" cannot be reached. Thats okay, just go ahead and close
it back to the main desktop screen of the Iphone. Leave it now till say
"Tomorrow" before testing it out again. The next day go into the mail app on
your IPhone and go to the Eircom account then wait and see if any mails will
appear in the mail window, if so then it works.

Regards,
Noreen M.