[vip_students] Re: listen again

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:23:53 +0100

mary,

The set-up has changed. You are now directed to the BBC iPlayer site. If that's not what is happening, then you are being prompted to update WebbIE, as I was told just now that there was an update ready. (So I now have version 3.95 of WebbIE. I found it best to remove the older version of WebbIE, before installing this new version. When I tried to install over the top, i got a network error.) )

Now, with fresh version, when I selected a radio station, Radio Ulster, I then tabbed to the list of programmes. I selected "Across the Line", and then tabbed to and hit enter on the play button.

At this point, Internet Explorer loads, and takes you to the BBC iPlayer site.

Now if you have Flash installed: some way down the page, or if (using JAWS) you press the letter b, you come upon a 'play/pause button', which you will activate with the spacebar. Your selected programme then begins to play. If you don't have Flash installed, I do not know what happens here. Perhaps you will be prompted to install it?

i hope my explanation of things has helped. It's not very hard, once you get the hang of it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "MARY STRATTON" <marybstratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>