[vip_students] Re: list to give your politicians at the front door

  • From: Frank Kelly <frankke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:00:33 +0000

hi Martin

great ideas

Frank Kelly
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Martin O'Sullivan
  To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:14 PM
  Subject: [vip_students] list to give your politicians at the front door

  Hi
  this discussion may be of intrest to people on this list. it is a cross
posting from the Ireland VIP list.

  If people have additions they would like to make I think we should come to an
agreed list.

  Restoration of the full blind pension

  Election material in accessible format
  Removal of vat on talking books as there is no VAT on printed books
  All newly  printed books to be made accessible to Vision impaired people at
time of publishing
  Removal of V A T on dog food for guide dogs

  Accessible voting which allows a Vision impaired person to Vote in secret
  Free T V Licences to all visually impaired people whether you receive a
Social welfare benefit or not

  Announcement of stops on busses
  Reversal of the bus cuts as these affect Vision Impaired users who cant drive

  I would also suggest that we put a sign on our doors requesting all leaflets
dropped into the letterbox be in an accessible format.

  --
  Martin O'Sullivan
  ‎"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor

  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know
peace" Jim Hendrix

  "Act your way into a feeling don’t feel your way into Action" (Gandhi)
  "Be the change you want to see in the world." (Gandhi)

  "We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." (Elie Wiesel )
  Tel: +353878289243
  web: www.PeopleBeforeProfit.ie
  E-mail martin_osullivan@xxxxxxxxxx
  Skype martin_osullivan