[vip_students] Re: ecdl courses

  • From: "tonysweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 17:20:56 +0100

Hi Ger,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I did some learning with Fas in Tallagh a couple of years ago and I found that
I.T accessability for VI's wasn't as it should have been!

I would admit however that my knowledge of Jaws wasn't as reasonably good as it
is now!

It was audio-visual learning and the lessons were stopped every so often for
questions by the system and then you had to be able to manipulate the mouse to
restart the learning again!

Do you know if the courses you checked out are suitable for say Jaws users?

I have no doubt that not all Fas courses are not in that bracket of
accessability deficit, but where are they?

The course was supposed to be designed to facilitate blind students as an
integral part of the class!

By the way I am very close to Kildare so I would love feedback for places of
I.T learning there too.

Perhaps others around the country might be interested to know of such courses
in their area also!

All the best,

Tony Sweeney.