[vip_students] Re: Tv guide

  • From: "Mairead O Mahony" <maireadomahony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:56:46 +0100

On 9/12/07, Joan Ann Brosnan <kerrygirl18@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mairead
> This sounds like a very useful program.  Was just wondering what settings
> you made to make the program work better with jaws?
>
> Joan Ann.

Hi Joan Ann
Sorry for not explaining the settings for jaws to work properly.  You
will probably need sighted assistance to make these changes.  Once the
Tv guide is downloaded on to your computer a menu will appear looking
for information e.g. your country and select the channels you want to
be able to view as there is loads of them.
Then go to the tools menu, customise and press enter.
Then go to the web server option and click on enable web service.
Then change the 3 options below the Web server to P D A format.  Now
it should work properly with jaws.
Each time you open up the Tv guide you will need to press Alt + B to
get it to read.  The layout is exactly like a Web page.  When viewing
programmes on channels once your Tv guide is open get up your list of
links.  Press S to get to single channel view and then enter.  Then
arrow down and select the channel you want as if you were in a drop
down form box.  Then tab to go and press enter.  They also email you
lessons on how to use the programme for a few weeks.  Hope this
information helps Mairead