[vip_students] Re: Sending Text Messages

  • From: "Petrina Finn" <petrinafinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 14:20:11 +0100

Hi Eleanor,

Regarding sending a text i use predictive text most of the time with talks.
I have a N70 and am on Vodafone.

Anywaay I will try and explain it as best I can.

Say you want to write the work bus.

Press digit 2, digit 8, then digit 7.
the word cup will show up.
Then if you press the star key (under the digit 7) it will change to bus.

Say you write a different word and try this and it doesn't give you out the
right word after a couple of times of pressing the star key - well if you press
select, a dialogue box will come up and you have to spell it in the long way
e.g  for bus you have to press digit 2 twice, digit 8 twice and digit 7 four
times. Then press select.

Feel free to contact me off list with your phone number and I will give you a
ring and go through it with you if you like. Preferbly give a landline number
so we can use our mobiles for practising texts.

Tke care
Petrina

It has removed 112 spam emails to date.