[vip_students] Re: Rockbox manual

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 11:57:07 +0100

Hi Paul,
I really enjoyed listening to Jaws gabbling that humorous email. I have at
last thrown in the towel after getting lost again on my little 512mb mp3
player by Creative. It works fine unless you mess up the settings and now
the little screen is virtually unreadable by Barbara my wife. Mind you she
is no chicken now! (like myself). I am currently awaiting delivery of an
IAudio x5 mp3 player and like Tony I would appreciate a copy of that Rockbox
manual. I have downloaded 10 voices and the main program for same. Listers
might like to know that I purchased the MP3 player on EBay.ie at 189 Eur but
the link to buy took me into a site in the U.S. called "Costupdate" which
will only accept a Bank draft for payment. No big problem as I like all
blind persons, have a no charges account. They will not accept Paypal, a bit
curious. However, they asked 288.77 $ which includes $40 roughly for
shipping and insurance. Even if hit for customs I will still be getting it
for at least 100Eur cheaper than Harvey Norman who is selling this for 368
Eur in Cork. The model I am talking about is the 30g model. Not sure if it
is the Long play version, as I don't particularly mind.
Keep you posted.
Also, just to report to the list that Loadstone GPS is working away fine for
me and much more useful thatn the mapping systems.
Regards to all
Aedan O'Meara.