[vip_students] Re: Printing questions?

  • From: "Paul Traynor" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:55:00 +0100

Hi Edel,

Firstly, Can I  suggest a word of caution when using  the auto responder
when subscribed to a list such as this. It can cause  a deluge of auto
replies to be sent onto the list and  can be a little troublesome. It is
always best whe using an auto response message to first unsubscribe yourself
from lists if you are going away on holidays etc and then use the auto
responder to just answer individual emails from people.
However, I commend your  work on setting it up Edel, great stuff and keep up
the  momentum okay.

Now if you print to a file, I have never personally had need of this feature
but its available if one wants it. It simply prints the document into a file
on the computer which can be called something like the following; my
file.prn. Note how it places a .prn  to the end of the file, this extension
of course is usually hidden so all you will see is the first part of the
file name which is called MyFile.

I suppose you might use this kind of file to take around to perhaps another
printer say in a work or perhaps stationary office to have it  printed out
for you.

As for a warning when your priner is running low on ink, I think you have to
ensure that the printer software which comes on a CD is installed and not
just the driver for the printer as this software is what tells the computer
if the ink is running low. I am not sure if your particular printer Edel
will work in this way.