[vip_students] Re: New Release of MaestroTranslate

  • From: "John O'Regan" <john.a.oregan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:59:43 +0000

Dear Aidan Carolan,

  Well, I downloaded the zip file and unpacked it.  I ran the
installer (the file ending in '.exe') and said Yes to all the prompts.
 The installer created a new entry in my Programs menu so I started
Maestro from there.

  The interface is straightforward.  Select a source language from a
drop-down list, and then choose a destination language from another
list.  Next, press Tab and you should be in a multi-line edit field.
Type a random sentence or two and press Tab and you'll be on the
Translate button.  Press Space to begin translating.

  Press Tab after a few seconds and you should be in another field.
Press Ctrl+Home to go to the top and you should now be able to read
your translated text.

  Use Shift+ArrowDown to select text in the edit fields.  Ctrl+A
doesn't work.  At least, not for me.

  Another thing I couldn't get working was the hotkeys.  Try as I
might, I couldn't get them to work or even to change them.  I'm
stumped.  Any help from my fellow Vibistrons would be greatly
appreciated,

hth,
John