[vip_students] Re: Moderator:List Rules!

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:32:40 +0100

Eleanor,

All lists have moderators, whether that is explicitly stated or not.  the
moderator may nbe the list owner or someone nominnated as such by the owner.
As such, the list belongs to its owner and the listserver it's on, not to
the members, and the owner can be an absolute monarch or a
democratic-leaning  king, whatever he deems fit.  After a while, when enough
members have joined what was or may have been an informal group, there
arises the necessity to formulate rules so that public misunderstandings
might be prevented from happening or continuing for long after they do
happen.

My recollection is, Stuart did not say he would make a contribution to the
"mobile phone corner" on the list every week.  there are several other
problems people will want to talk about besides using mobile phones.