[vip_students] Re: Microsoft Word

  • From: philip_dunne@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:49:10 +0100

Despite your self effacement,  Eleanor, I'd say you know a tad more about
I.T. than I.  I'm only a year or so involved, and I'm still
learning.Regards

Philip Dunne
Information Resource Unit
Aonad Acmhainní Faisnéise
Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Kildare Street, Dublin 2,
Ireland
An Roinn Fiontar, Trádála, agus Fostaíochta, Sráid Chill Dara, Baile Átha
Cliath 2, Éire

T: + 353 1 631 2100; LoCall: 1890 220 222
F: + 353 1 631 2827; www.entemp.ie

Tel:  01-6312445

                      Eleanor Burke
                      <eleanorburke@btintern        To:
vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      et.com>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  [vip_students]
Re: Microsoft Word
                      vip_students-bounce@fr
                      eelists.org

                      29/05/2008 11:34
                      Please respond to
                      vip_students

Yes Philip I remember you and indeed your brother.  I do not remember
Bernadette though I have a vague memory now that you say it.  It was just
as
I was reading your e-mail that I realized the lady I was referring to was
Sheila Moran.  I know she uses the Irish pronouncation but I am not god at
Irish spelling so you will have to do with the English form of the name.
Sorry about that Philip.  It is interesting for me seeing you young
gentlemen pop up here, mere children when I was at school.  How time
passes.
Interesting that my memory is good for all the young boys!  Where are all
the young ladies?  Not in to I T I take it!

I did go to Merrion, but I don't think I'm the boy in question.  My brother
Patsy and I were together there.You might also remember my sister
Bernadette, though she only stayed for a short while.Regards

Philip Dunne
Information Resource Unit
Aonad Acmhainní Faisnéise
Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Kildare Street, Dublin 2,
Ireland
An Roinn Fiontar, Trádála, agus Fostaíochta, Sráid Chill Dara, Baile Átha
Cliath 2, Éire

T: + 353 1 631 2100; LoCall: 1890 220 222
F: + 353 1 631 2827; www.entemp.ie

Tel:  01-6312445

                      Eleanor Burke
                      <eleanorburke@btintern        To:
vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      et.com>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:
                      [vip_students]
Re: Microsoft Word
                      vip_students-bounce@fr
                      eelists.org

                      26/05/2008 16:39
                      Please respond to
                      vip_students

Thank you Philip that is useful as was Paul's suggestion which is one I did
employ myself.  However.  I had an excellent one from Flor Lynch which I
wish to share with everybody.  For example, my PC crashed out and I had a
vague idea what page number I was on, in this case it was page 13.  When I
opened word again, Flor had suggested shift and F5 and this worked a treat
bringing me back exactly to where I had left off.  I appreciate everyone's
help and suggestions so all you folks whatever method you use and even if
it
is different from another, remember there are several ways of skinning a
cat
so all suggestions as far as I am concerned are greatly received.  Someone
was talking about keeping a file with suggestions.  I have a folder which I
call Questions Answered and always keep these answers for 2 reasons, one it
saves me asking again and secondly I can refer to it when I need it or pass
the information on to another as well.

Thanks again everybody.
Philip, I think like I said to Flor and his brothers, I think I remember
you
too a young boy when I was at school.  How time flies.  I'd say you are
probably the same Philip.  Isn't your sister Sheila< a great musician I
think.

Paul's way may be quicker, but here's another.  Try control G, type in the
page number, then enter.  When you have found the page, do control and down
arrow to find the paragraph.  I hope this works.

Regards

Philip Dunne
Information Resource Unit
Aonad Acmhainní Faisnéise
Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Kildare Street, Dublin 2,
Ireland
An Roinn Fiontar, Trádála, agus Fostaíochta, Sráid Chill Dara, Baile Átha
Cliath 2, Éire

T: + 353 1 631 2100; LoCall: 1890 220 222
F: + 353 1 631 2827; www.entemp.ie

Tel:  01-6312445

                      Eleanor Burke
                      <eleanorburke@btintern        To:
vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      et.com>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:
                      [vip_students]
Microsoft Word
                      vip_students-bounce@fr
                      eelists.org

                      25/05/2008 23:27
                      Please respond to
                      vip_students

If I am reading a lengthy document say with over one hundred pages and I
stop at page 27 is there some way I can come back in at the point at which
stop?  I know this can happen in a pdf file but I do not understand
anything
about bookmarks etc and I'd love to know about things like that so that I
can get the maximum use out of my word when studying.