[vip_students] Re: K1000

  • From: "John O'Regan" <john.a.oregan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 22:00:05 +0100

Dear Eleanor,

  Don't know, but if I had to guess, I'd say that the CD thinks you're
trying to install the program on a machine that already has that
program installed.  Which makes me think there might be an entry in
the registry left over from a previous installation attempt.

  But before we tamper with your registry, go to Start > Settings >
Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and check if K1000 is on the
list of installed software.  Uninstall if it is and then try
installing again.

  If not, get back to me and we may have to consider the possibility
of editing the registry which is not for the faint-hearted,

good luck,
John