[vip_students] Re: Jaws not reading out needed responses.

  • From: "John O'Regan" <john.a.oregan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:08:51 +0100

Dear Aedan and Flor,

  Ins+B usually gets those laconic dialog boxes talking for me.  But
sometimes I have to resort to the JAWS cursor.  Don't know if there's
an automatic setting.  Probably drive you crazy if there was and you'd
only end up switching it off again.

  Very occasionally, nothing works and I resort to NVDA.  Sometimes it
will read out things JAWS will not.  Try Ins+NumPad8/2 for the
parent/child element and Ins+NumPad4/6 for the prev/next sibling
element and Ins+NumPadEnter to click the currently focused button,

bfn,
John