[vip_students] JAWS Problem with Internet Explorer

  • From: "Ulla Quayle" <ulla@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 22:12:48 +0100

Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help me?  A few months ago I installed JAWS 12 onto my
parents PC so I could use the internet when I am visiting them.  All was well
until this weekend.  JAWS has literally stopped working with internet explorer
and I just can't understand why.  When I load internet explorer JAWS will read
the title of the webpage and nothing else.

The arrow keys don't work and it says there are no links.  If I try to use any
of the keystrokes like insert f6 the headings list won't appear and it says no
headings.  No buttons or form fields can be found.  If I press the alt key I
can look at the file, edit view menus etc but I just can't navigate any
webpages.

I have tried unloading and reloading JAWS, rebooting the PC, refreshing the
webpage and still no luck.  Internet explorer 8 is the version on the PC.

All other applications are working perfectly with JAWS.  I've never come across
this problem before.

If anyone can shed any light or help me out I would be really grateful as this
is so frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Ulla