[vip_students] Re: Instant messaging with skype

  • From: "Lists" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:43:22 -0000

I Mairead,

I tend to use the jaws cursor a lot when  reading the text screen in skype..
Here's what I do;

1. When I enter the text area of skype I  perhaps begin by typing in my
message such as Hello Mairead and then I press the enter key. Note that I am
not sure if you really have to press the enter key and with me its just a
habit.

Next I wish to review the screen to see if the other person has responded to
me so I "route jaws to PC". To do this just press and hold down the jaws key
on the bottom left corner of the number pad of your keyboard or if it's a
laptop then the "caps lock key should do". Then while holding down the jaws
key I press the "Minus key, top right corner of the number pad" or on a
laptop I think you use "caps lock + the number 8". Now use your  jaws down
arrow key which is "numpad 2" or on the laptop " normal down arrow". It may
work for you or it may not but give it a try anyway.
Note, to return control  of your cursor to its normal working position,
press key "plus on the number pad" or on the laptop its "caps lock + ;".