[vip_students] Re: Golden Pages!

  • From: "Robert Forde" <bobforde2020@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 15:52:44 +0100

Cheers Paul, I shall give this a go.

Thanks again,

Robbie
----- Original Message ----- From: "NCBI Technical Support" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:00 PM
Subject: [vip_students] Golden Pages!

Hi Robert,

I have put together the below  of how I would use the golden pages, see if
its any help to you.

[Accessing The Golden Pages]

Step One. Go to the home page, "www.goldenpages.ie".

Step 2. On there are two boxes which I used;

A. A box where I typed in the  particular  criteria I wanted which was,
"Butchers".
B. The second box I  had to type in the area I wanted the search in which
was my hometown of "Carrickmacross".

Note: When I went into the golden pages home page I used the letter "E" and
the jaws virtual cursor jumped me into the box that asks me for the type of
search I wanted to do. Once I activated "forms mode" using the enter key and
had that typed in I then used my "tab key" to jump to the location box and
typed in the name of my town.

Doing this gave me the following results;

table with 4 columns and 12 rows

Telephone
Address
Crosby Kevin

Category: Butchers

Main st Carrickmacross Monaghan
Add to My Pages
Telephone
Address
Nolan Harry

Category: Butchers

4 O'Neill st Carrickmacross Monaghan
Add to My Pages
Telephone
Address
Wards Meat Market

Category: Butchers

Monaghan's st Carrickmacross Monaghan
Add to My Pages
Telephone
Address
Kiernan's Food Ingredients Ltd

Category: Butchers' Supplies

Unit 8 Stedfast Ind Est Dundalk Rd Carrickmacross Co Monaghan
Add to My Pages
table end

Note: At the beginning of the results table I used the jaws "place markers"
feature to   ensure that if I used this page again I could instantly jump to
the list of results on the page. Here is how to create a place marker using
jaws;

Step 1. When you reach the beginning of the list of results, you can arrow
down to the list and when you come to the part of the list of results that
says "table with 4 columns and 12 rows" stop there and add your place marker
as follows.
Note, It may not necessarily say "table with 4 columns and 12 rows" it all
depends on how many results your search returns.

Step 2. Press keys, "shift + control + letter K". This activates the jaws
place marker feature.

Step 3. Up will pop a dialogue box with the first thing in it "a blank list
box". This is a list of all place markers you have created on this web page
to date but right now you will just have an empty list.

Step 4. Tab key once to the "Add button" and hit the spacebar.

Step 5. Now give your place marker a name, it can be anything you like then
press the enter key to complete the job.

That's it, your place marker is created within the jaws settings. Next time
you  type in a search criteria as outlined above  you can then use the place
marker you just created to jump instantly to the list of possible results.
To do this just invoke the keys once more of "shift + control + letter k"
and there you will now have one item in the list that pops up. Press the
down arrow to select this choice and then press the enter key and you will
jump right down to the list of results.

Note: Preceding the name of the company, person etc that your search returns
will be links to their respective phone numbers or addresses. Just hit enter
to go into the link that says "Telephone, or address" depending on which you
require. In my following example I have gone into the telephone number link
and came up with the following;
I used the jaws "find feature" which is keys "Control + letter F" to locate
the  number of "Crosby's butchers". Because I know the area code which for
my area is "042" I did a find for that, remember: I used keys "control ++ F"
and then typed in 042 then pressed the enter key and there I had my number.

Let me know if what I have written here is helpful and I also urge anyone
reading this to try it out for themselves.

You could then create a link to the golden pages web site on your desktop
for future use.