[vip_students] Freezing - Windows XP

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:30:05 -0000

I have been having dreadful problems with my PC running Wjindows XP since I
attempted to update Superanty Spyware.  The computer has started to freeze on
every screen possible.  If I was on the desk top I would try and select one of
the icons but my mouse would not work.  I tried another mouse, it still would
not work.  I took my screen reader off, it still would not work.  None of the
icons on the desktop would react.  I would re-boot my computer and try
something different like opening Outlook Express to read an e-mail.  This was
fine, Outlook Express would open.  Then I would read an e-mail and delete it.
Following that I would attempt to close OUtlook Express but I could not, it
would not shutdown.  I would jthen try and click Start Menu with the Mouse but
nothing.  I would have to reboot the computer.  Then I tried an AVG Complete
Scan.  No virus!  I then removed Superanti Spyware and wanted to see what
happened.  Things have improved considerably but I am still having freezing.
Another example this morning, I go in to My Documents and attempt to open a
file.  I get freezing and try to close My Documents, I then get the message,
End Programme which I click on and I am OK again.  I would then go in to My
Documents again and repeat this complete process, this happened 3 times.  I
cannot open the document.  Now I am wondering if there is some form of strange
virus going around because on Friday when this first happened, ironically I had
a visitor to my home, this person works with blind people.  She did not go
anywhere near any of my computers but she told me a very strange story about
another blind man and the terrible problems he is having in the past week with
his computer.  She reported that he was running AVG and there was an option to
Update.  He did this with the help of a sighted person and everything on his
computer, including Jaws has crashed.  She says he has to go and reinstall
everything again!!!!  I just could not believe after hearing this story, then I
should suffer a strange fate too!!!!  Any ideas or any links to some form of
on-line reliable virus scan.  Desperate!!!  Many thanks.